System Centre Suite Deployment
Components of System Center
The core components of the integrated System Center management platform help you capture and aggregate knowledge about your infrastructure, policies, processes, and best practices so that your IT staff can build manageable systems and automate operations.
Features of Sytem Center
Operations Manager enables you to monitor services, devices, and operations for many computers in a single console. Operators can gain rapid insight into the state of the IT environment and the IT services running across different systems and workloads by using numerous views that show state, health, and performance information, as well as alerts generated for availability, performance, configuration and security situations.
• Infrastructure and application monitoring and alerting
• Microsoft and 3rd party workload monitoring
• Cloud monitoring including Azure
• System state, health, and performance information
Configuration Manager increases IT productivity and efficiency by reducing manual tasks and letting you focus on high-value projects, maximize hardware and software investments, and empower end-user productivity by providing the right software at the right time.
Configuration Manager helps you deliver more effective IT services by enabling secure and scalable software deployment, compliance settings management, and comprehensive asset management of servers, desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
• Flexible OS deployment
• Compliance and settings management
• Asset intelligence and inventory
• Application Delivery
• Patch Management
• Client health and monitoring
• Device Management
Virtual Machine Manager
Virtual Machine Manager is a management solution for the virtualized datacenter, enabling you to configure and manage your virtualization host, networking, and storage resources in order to create and deploy virtual machines and services to private clouds that you have created.
• VM and private cloud management
• Storage and network management
• Heterogeneous VM host support
• Template driven workload deployment
Orchestrator is a workflow management solution for the data center. Orchestrator enables you automate the creation, monitoring, and deployment of resources in your environment.
• Workflow automation
• Visual Runbook authoring
• Cross-platform workflow integration
Data Protection Manager
Data Protection Manager is an enterprise backup system. Using DPM you can backup (copy) data from a source location to a target secondary location. If original data is unavailable because of planned or unexpected issues, you can restore data from the secondary location. Using DPM you can back up application data from Microsoft servers and workloads, and file data from servers and client computers. You can create full backups, incremental backups, differential backups, and bare-metal backups to completely restore a system.
• Centralized backup for VMs and applications
• Item-level recovery for VMs
• Archiving backup data to Azure
Service Manager provides an integrated platform for automating and adapting your organization’s IT service management best practices, such as those found in Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). It provides built-in processes for incident and problem resolution, change control, and asset lifecycle management.
• Service catalog
• Self-service request portal
• Release and SLA management
• Data warehousing and reporting
• Incident and change requests
App Controller provides a common self-service experience that can help you easily configure, deploy, and manage virtual machines and services across private and public clouds.
• Cross cloud provisioning
• VM and application self-service
• Endpoint Protection provides an antimalware and security solution for the Microsoft platform.
• Malware protection, identification, and remediation