Digital transformation is imperative for all businesses, from the small to the enterprise. That message comes through loud and clear from seemingly every keynote, panel discussion, article, or study related to how businesses can remain competitive and relevant as the world becomes increasingly digital.
What’s not clear to many business leaders is what digital transformation means. Is it just a catchy way to say moving to the cloud? What are the specific steps we need to take? Do we need to design new jobs to help us create a framework for digital transformation, or hire a consulting service? What parts of our business strategy need to change? Is it really worth it?
However, in general terms, we define Digital transformation as the change associated with the application of digital technology in all aspects of human society.
The transformation stage means that digital usages inherently enable new types of innovation and creativity in a particular domain, rather than simply enhance and support traditional methods.
In a narrower sense, “digital transformation” may refer to the concept of “going paperless”, which affects both individual businesses and whole segments of society, such as government, mass communications, art, medicine, and science.
A key pillar of the digital transformation technology ecosystem, without a doubt is cloud computing and it’s in this context that the future of the cloud needs to be seen.
Just like another digital transformation technology ecosystem which we covered in the scope of digital transformation, IoT, cloud computing is again an umbrella term, with several technologies, components, approaches and types of applications in an increasingly multi-cloud reality
CLOUD AS THE KEY ENABLER OF TRANSFORMATION
The cloud is the foundation enabler of digital transformation projects and offers the scale and speed that is needed for businesses to focus on transformation; with a clear impact on the role of the IT department.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION WITH IPI SOLUTIONS NIGERIA LIMITED
- Digital strategy goals
- Digital strategy outcomes
- Aligning Digital Strategy outcomes to your business benefits
STRATEGY IDEATION WORKSHOP
Ideation – the process of forming ideas
- We will work together to define or assess and refine your digital (cloud) strategy
- Define goals and desired outcomes you expect from your cloud
- Use this information to feed your “living” cloud life cycle road map that will help realize those outcomes
PROCESS FLOW OVERVIEW
DIGITAL STRATEGY GOALS
Your Digital Strategy/Cloud adoption lifecycle
Your Digital Strategy lifecycle should support continual improvement through periodic realignment with organizational strategy and evaluation of optimization and innovation opportunities
Let’s talk about your digital strategy adoption goals:
- The goals you expect to achieve through digital strategy
- Where your current level of digital strategy adoption has succeeded, and where there is room for improvement
DIGITAL STRATEGY ADOPTION GOALS
When discussing goals keep in mind:
- Alignment with organizational strategy – what are your imperatives for the year? How can we map to them?
- Innovation opportunities
- Optimization opportunities
- Goals should large and overarching with trace ability to organizational strategy
DIGITAL STRATEGY OUTCOMES
- Digital Strategy outcomes are measurable results
- We will utilize an outcome template to capture each outcome during this exercise.
- Outcomes should map to goals. If they do not consider re-evaluating the outcome and/or the goals
- Outcomes are results based and we will document key performance indicators to measure their success
- Outcomes are NOT projects
DIGITAL STRATEGY/CLOUD OUTCOME TEMPLATE
ALIGNING BUSINESS OUTCOMES & BENEFITS
Outcome and benefits diagram example